Five days a week Loaves and Fishes opens its food pantry doors to less fortunate, low-income families and individuals. Patrons of our food pantry not only receive canned and dry goods, but also fresh fruit and vegetables, meat, diary products, and eggs to help minimize their weekly grocery expenses.
Those interested in utilizing our food services must meet our income requirements.
Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry is currently at capacity and not taking any new clients. Please check back at a later date for availability (314-291-3857).
Need help locating another food pantry: www.foodpantries.org.
FOOD PANTRY GUIDELINES
Loaves and Fishes is a privately run non-profit organization. The Loaves and Fishes Pantry reserves the right to determine who receives food. The use of the Pantry is a privilege not a right.
- Registration times are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12:30 until 1:00 with food distribution at 1:15. Wednesday night registration is from 6:00-6:45 (includes a hot meal) with food distribution at 8:00. Registration closing times are firm; no late arrivals will be accepted.
- New Client Registration is on Wednesdays from 11:30-12:30 and by appointment only. New Clients will need to bring the following items:
- Photo ID
- Proof of household income for all adults 19 and over. Proof of income can be provided through the following item(s): a previous year tax return form AND a current pay check stub OR a social security/disability award letter, unemployment award letter and/or proof of loss of income (termination letter), a food stamps budget summary page that shows your income. If you have an adult in your household who is not working because they are attending school, please bring proof of enrollment.
- Proof of veteran’s status (if applicable).
- A completed registration form (also available in the Loaves and Fishes office.)
- Birth certificates or social security cards for each household member.
These documents must be presented at the time of registration in order to receive services.
- Optional Non-Denominational Bible Studies are available on Wednesday from 7:00-8:00 and Sunday from 10:00-11:00.
- No Loitering. Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before registration times begin. Do not drive over the cones in order to gain access to the lot early. (Parking on the side streets is extremely limited and may result in a traffic violation. Park at your own risk.)
- A photo ID is required at every registration.
- Income will be re-verified annually.
- Flowers will be distributed randomly in the food baskets.
- Bread and Clothing will be put out for distribution no earlier than 12:45 on M-T-TH-F
- No disorderly or threatening behavior towards the Food Pantry staff, other recipients or surrounding community will be tolerated at any time. No drugs, alcohol or anyone under the influence will be allowed on Loaves and Fishes property. Persons suspected of being under the influence or being disorderly or threatening will be asked to leave and may be prohibited from returning to the Food Pantry in the future. If they refuse to leave, the Police will be called immediately.
- Failure to follow and obey these rules will result in removal of the privilege to use the Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry.
If you have any questions or concern you may call the office at 314-291-3857 or you can email us at email@example.com